(26/08/14) Portland to Bar Harbor

First thing we went to a Walmart to get some snack. It was humongous! Had a stroll around Portland today, and when I say stroll I mean we wa...

First thing we went to a Walmart to get some snack. It was humongous!


Had a stroll around Portland today, and when I say stroll I mean we walked miles in 86 degree wether. It was nice but I sure wish we'd taken the tourist train ride where we could have sat in the shade!

We drive up the US1 having a look at the sights and stopping at a few places on the way.

First big stop was the L.L. Bean flagship shopping campus. It was fab the shop had a massive welly/leather boot outside (which seems to be all the rage I the shops) and I bought a half price candle at the Yankee Candle shop.

Unbelievably, we stopped to have a look at a massive suspension bridge we were about to cross only to discover we were a mile from Fort Knox! Can you believe it! It was free to get in but it was super creepy.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images